An integrative approach to passionately address the needs of impoverished individuals and families by providing safe shelter through faith, structured opportunity and empowerment to become productive members of the community
HOMe is a 501(c) 3 non profit zoned as a family care facility located at 384 N. Broad St and projected to open October 2017.
• HOMe will offer short term supportive housing for up to 10-12 women and children with a maximum of 6 adults.
• HOMe will provide Mooresville’s homeless women and children safe shelter, food and support services such as financial literacy, tutoring, educational programs, job search, medical and mental health assistance.
• Each HOMe family will occupy a private bedroom /bathroom.
• HOMe will serve situational homelessness and generational homelessness.
• To ensure safety, there will be a security system and strict rules for entering and staying.
• Length of stay is determined collectively by the family and their case manager/mentors by evaluating the immediate needs, short terms and long term goals of each family and creating a plan. There is no set length of time or stay.
• At HOMe, there is commitment, responsibly, and accountability for all parties involved and goals to be met to ensure success for each family. In addition, an important second layer of support will be our mentoring program. Our volunteer mentors will serve as life consultants in the areas of child rearing, family relations, and work relations.